Machu Picchu Rainbow Mountain Maras Moray and Salt Mines 6 days 5 nights
Mystical sacred city, considered the capital of the Tahuantinsuyo Empire with a great historical and architectural legacy. Surrounded by green valleys with imposing tourist attractions, culture, tradition and still latent faith. Known as the navel of the world for being the political and territorial center of the Inca Empire, the department of Cusco shows us an impressive geographical variety from natural mountain ranges and reliefs, to rivers such as the Urubamba.
The city of Cusco, located in the Andes mountain range at 3 399 m.a.s.l., was declared the Historic Capital of Peru, being an impressive sample of high Inca engineering that had stone as its main tool. Like places like Choquequirao, Sacsayhuaman, Qenko, Tambomachay, Ollantaytambo and especially Machu Picchu, an architectural jewel built with the wisdom of the ancient Incas that served as the political, religious and administrative center of the time.
The Inca citadel that is located in the middle of the rainforest, about 2,430 meters above sea level, was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1981 and a new wonder of the modern world in 2007, is a fantastic architectural complex built in Inca times Pachacutec amid a great variety of flora and fauna. The department of Cusco also has several tourist attractions such as the Sacred Valley, considered the center of production of the best corn grain; the Barrio de San Blas, called the Barrio de los artesanos for hosting renowned city folk artists; Maras, a place that has salt mines that were used since the incanato; Paucartambo, a town that still maintains its ancestral Andean culture.
- Day 1: Arrive to Airport in Cusco, transfer to accommodation. Pick up from your hotel at 1:10 p.m. to 1:20 p.m., first visit The cathedral, then we walk to Qoricancha, board our bus and climb to Saqsaywaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Finally Tambomachay.
- Day 2: Pick up from your hotel at 08:20 am., the bus the trip to Pisaq Ruins after visit the Pisac Market. Then We will have a lunch in Urubamba, after we will go to Ollantaytambo, visit the archeological site for 40 min and then take the train to Aguas Calientes, trip for 2 hours, then we will arrive the town and transfer to your accommodation.
- Day 3: Early in the morning have breakfast, then we will take our bus up to Machu Picchu Sanctuary, the tour guided to the citadel for 2 to 3 hours, you will have extra time to take photos or (optional) go up to Huayna Picchu Mountain. After we will take our bus to down and we will go to Aguas Calientes Train station to Ollantaytambo, our bus will take you to Cusco.
- Day 4: Pick up from your hotel at 3:40 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., bus trip of 2 hours, arriving to point where we will start the trek (3 hours approx.) We will visit the Rainbow Mountain for 30 min. to 45 min. After we will going back and take our bus to return Cusco
- Day 5: We pick you up at 8:00 am, first point to visit Moray town, we will continue to Moray circular terraces ruins, finish we will explorer the Salt Mines. Return to Cusco at 14:00 pm.
- Day 6: Transfer to the Airport
- Cusco city
- Machu Picchu
- Ranbow Mountain
Students have a discount of $ 30 dollars per person. Valid with your university student card
If you are from the country of Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. you have a discount of $ 20 dollars per person.
The difficulty is moderate, the city tour is in bus and short walks for archeological sites due to the accessibility of Machu Picchu. The trip consists in 2 hours by train to Aguas Calientes and your return 2 hours by train and 2 hours in bus to Cusco. The Rainbow Mountain Tour is a Hike of 2:30 go up and 2 hours return, bus trip 2 hours one way and 2 hours back .
Reception at the Cusco airport and transfer to your lodging in our City. After settling in the room you will be given the option of drinking the famous coca tea since it is very good for optimal acclimatization and then you will be shown some places where you can go for dinner and return to your overnight accommodation.
At 13:20 Pick up from your lodging to make the City Tour heading to the city center and then visit 2 points:
The Cathedral and the Temple of the Sun Qoricancha (in these places you will have a guided tour of 30min. Approx).
Then a transport will take you to the top of Cusco where the 4 ruins or archaeological centers are located: Tambomachay, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Sacsayhuaman. 18:30 approx. Return to the City of Cusco leaving them in the center of the City and then you can choose the best place to have dinner.
Accommodation: MAMA´S House
At 08:20 Pick up from your Hotel and then go to Pisaq Mercado where you can see locate the customs of local people who are from their communities and offer their products having the opportunity to buy crafts, textiles and handicrafts, then with our same transport we will go up to visit the ruins of Pisaq majestic place that was an administrative center in the empire of the Incas from the highest part you can have a wonderful view of the Urubamba river which crosses the entire Sacred Valley of the Inca.
Finishing the tour of Pisaq we will go to the Urubamba Village having a mandatory stop at a restaurant and Buffet lunch will be provided for the whole group (determined lunch time 1 hour).
Then we will go to the last place of the Ollantaytambo tour visiting this Archaeological center for approximately 40 minutes and then heading to take the train to the town of Aguas Calientes. (The priority will be to take the train at 15:37 Vistadome and specify an excellent view since constant train of panoramic windows that will take excellent photos of the landscape).
17:30 Approximate time of your arrival to the town of Aguas Calientes and place where our transfer will be waiting for you and to drive to our Lodging and after making your Check in you can go to the thermal baths and learn about their thermomedical properties.
NOTE (In case you cannot take or get the 15:37 service, our second option is the 19:00 train where logically the moment of your arrival awaits a transfer to take you to your accommodation).
Meals: Buffet Lunch
Accommodation: Hotel Wiracocha Inn or similar
Wake up and breakfast your respective hotel (one night before the guide will give you a detailed information of the service they will perform) we will go to the bus station, trying to take one of the first buses towards the Machupicchu Citadel taking a tour of 30 min. Approx.
Around 7:00 a.m. We will begin our tour visiting the most attractive places of the place, where one of the most recognized examples of engineering, architecture, assembly and carving in the different streets, squares, ceremonial fountains and temples, surrounded by abundant vegetation. The citadel is located at the top of the mountain a height of 2490 meters above sea level.
From this point you can see the mountains as they are: the HUAYNA PICCHU, the mountain MACHU PICCHU, the mountain PUTUKUSI and the INTI PUNKU to all these mountains can be visited on foot.
After our visit you can take the opportunity to climb the mountain of Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain (it is important to have the ticket purchased in advance which you will have to book in advance since the income is very limited and they run out several months before (these MOUNTAINS have an additional cost of US $ 20.00 to the cost of the package),) or you could choose to go down to the town of Aguas Calientes for lunch and rest, considering that you must be 30 minutes before the departure of your train.
The train schedule we consider is 18:20 hours (At the time of your confirmation you will be given the exact time of your return), in case you want a special service like Vistadome please just send us the request and we will reserve it in advance by sending the options. The train considered in the service will be to Ollantaytambo and then a private transport will bring them to your accommodation in our City.
Accommodation: MAMA´S House
At 3:40 to 4:00 Pick up from your lodging to go with the transport to the town of Pitumarca (trip of 2 hours approx), town south of the city of Cusco, in case you have forgotten something because of the trouble you can buy some things like rain ponchos, mineral water, energy drinks, snacks, snacks, etc. After the stop we will continue our journey through magical landscapes that blend perfectly with the mysterious mountains and snowy mountains, being able to spot multicolored crops, with very picturesque villages to reach our 2nd destination that is the town of Chilca, getting off the transport to to stretch our legs and taste our breakfast prepared by our chef, obtaining some time to organize the rest of the things we need for the walk that will take about 3 hours (7.5 km) to the same mountain of 7 Colors, walked through the town of Machuraccay and then to the point of control where the community organized to collect an income.
Already doing the walk we will see how the color of the landscape and the mountains changes with a very changing temperature during our journey, reaching a maximum height of 5,033 meters above sea level. which is the Mountain of the 7 Colors, having enough time to capture images and enjoy this wonder of nature, delighting in the magic that surrounds the mountains that surround it as well as a veil of clouds and snowy peaks, then we will begin our return through from the same path being a much quieter and leisurely walk, and where a very pleasant lunch prepared by our Andean Chef will be waiting for us we will share this beautiful experience with the rest of the group.
After some free time we will take the transport that will take us back to Cusco arriving and where the transport will leave them to the City Center between 17:30 to 18:00 in the afternoon.
Note: During the ascent, you will have the opportunity to rent a horse that will serve as a backup in case of an emergency since the change in altitude is very acute (The rental is negotiated directly with the villager that could cost between S /. 80.00 to S /.90.00 Peruvian currency).
Meals: Buffet Breakfast and Lunch
Accommodation: MAMA´S House
Our transfer will pick you up from your accommodation around at 08:00 am and we will go from Cusco and in a tourist transport to the town of Maras. Maras is a small and pleasant city that still retains a good part of its colonial architectural beauty. You can see incredible facades made of fine stone, lintels with low relief sculptures.
Then we do not go to the agricultural and circular terraces of Moray located at 3,450 meters above sea level. These terraces served as a natural green house to grow an extraordinary variety of crops at an altitude that would normally only grow in the tropical Andes. It has been suggested that they had a cosmological significance.
Then the next point to visit would be Salineras to the northeast and they are the “Salt Factories” of Maras, which consist of 3,000 small pools of approximately 5 square meters (53.8 ft²) in size. Every three days, during the dry season, workers fill the pools with salt water that comes from natural springs located in the upper part of the Maras complex, and when the water evaporates from the pool, the salt is left for collection . This process is carried out over a period of one month until the pools reach an approximate volume of solid salt 10 centimeters (4 inches) high. Salt is crushed, treated with iodine, and packaged and sent to the various markets in the region.
At the end of your guide, transportation will bring you to our City around 2:30 pm to leave us in the Center of our City, where you can locate a comfortable place for lunch and in the afternoon you will have free time to tour our City.
Accommodation: MAMA´S House
Transfer to the airport for your flight back to Lima or flights with Extension or Transportation to Puno – Lake Titicaca / Puerto Maldonado – Amazonas or / Arequipa where Colca Canyon is located.
- Transfer Services to all the attractions that are considered in your Package.
- 04 Nights in our Accommodation MAMA´S House in our City (Breakfast Included)
- City Tour (Guided Service Cathedral, Qoricancha, and 4 Ruins * Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara and Tambomachay.
- Sacred Valley Tour with connection to Machupicchu Buffet lunch in the Urubamba Village.
- Maras, Moray and Salt Mines Tour
- Entrance ticket to the Citadel of Machupicchu.
- Bus ticket up and down hot water to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- Round Trip Train Tickets (EXPEDITION Service).
- Guided Tour in the Citadel of Machupicchu for an average of 2 ½ hours (Small Group).
- Transfer service of your Ollanta Station – Cusco (City Center).
- 01 Night accommodation in the town of Aguas Calientes (Breakfast Included).
- Mountain Tour of 7 Colors.
- Entrance ticket to the Mountain of 7 Colors.
- Meals indicated in our itinerary.
- Flight ticket Lima – Cusco / Cusco – Lima.
- Tourist Ticket to carry out the City Tour and the Sacred Valley tour (S /. 130.00).
- Entrance tickets to the Cathedral of Cusco S /. 30.00
- Entrance tickets to the Qoricancha or Temple of the Sun S /. 15.00.
- Student Card since if the client is under 17 years old, they automatically have a discount of US $ 30.00.
- Meals not indicated in the package description.
- Entrance to the Thermal Baths of Aguas Calientes (S /. 10.00).
- Snacks drinks and soft drinks.
- A small day pack with water bottle.
- Rain jacket/poncho.
- Change of clothes.
- Basic toiletries.
- Sun hat/sunscreen.
- Insect repellent.
- Comfortable sturdy shoes or hiking boots.
- Extra money.
- Adult Price (Based on a Double Accommodation): $ 460.
- Student Price (Previously sent from the Student Card indicating the expiration date or in children under 17): $ 430.
- Adult Price Only (This amount to cover the difference of the Lodgings in Cusco and Town of Aguas Calientes,): $ 500.
MAMA'S House, is a warm place which will allow its tourists to feel at home with its very confirmable rooms, we are located just 15 min. from the Plaza de Armas and by taxi 5 minutes away.
- Triple Room, 3 Twin Beds | 3 Twin Beds.
Double Room, 1 King Bed.
- Transfer airport
Welcome to Wiracocha Inn, a fantastic option for travelers like you. Rooms at Wiracocha Hotel include a flat-screen TV, minibar and desk. Guests of Wiracocha Inn also have breakfast included right there. As it is close to Iglesia Virgen Del Carmen (0.2 km), a very popular Aguas Calientes landmark, Wiracocha Inn is a fantastic destination for tourists.
- Double Room, 1 Double Bed.
- Twin Room, 2 Twin Beds.
- Single Room, 1 Large Twin Bed
Triple Room, 3 Twin Beds.