Machu Picchu by car 2 days 1 night
The Machu Picchu by car tour was born as an alternative to the limitations of transport to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, a new access route to Machu Picchu that does not have marine limitations or depends on train services.
Machu Picchu by car is a route full of beautiful landscapes that show the best of the geography of the place where they will live an unforgettable adventure recording roads full of emotion and very nice people.
By taking this new travel option, you will be contributing to the development of new villages in extreme poverty that has recently become involved in the tourism sector, constituting an axis of work and social development.
- Day 1: Pick up from your hotel at 04:00 am., the bus the trip to Ollantaytambo. visit the archeological site for 30 min, then we will ascend to Abra Malaga, little break to take photos and we will continue to the Jungle, we will arrive to Santa Maria and Santa Teresa, in this point we will lunch, then we will go to Hidrolectrica to start the walking to Aguas Calientes.
- Day 2: Early in the morning have breakfast from at 4:00 am, then we will walking to up from one hour half approx. (option to take the bus up, additional cost) we started the tour guided from 6:00 am approx. the tour duration is 2 hours, after that you will have a extra time for take more photos. at 11:30 we will walking down to Aguas Calientes for take the train to Hidrolectrica, finally take our bus to Santa Teresa and Cusco.
Students have a discount of $ 20 dollars per person. Valid with your university student card
If you are from the country of Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. you have a discount of $ 20 dollars per person.
The difficulty is moderate, due to the accessibility of Machu Picchu. The trip consists in a bus trip of approximately 5 hours and 2 hours half of walking from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes. On your return, you will take the train from Aguas Calientes to Hidroelectrica
Early in the morning we pick you up from 07:00 to 08:00 Hrs. of your hotel or accommodation. The Tour will begin with a pleasant and picturesque walk towards the Village of Ollantaytambo, where we will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the area, we will take a short break of 30 minutes (approx.), Then we will continue from the Village of Ollantaytambo towards the highest part of this road called “Abra Malaga”, which is located at an altitude of 4,316 meters. From that point of view, we will see some of the most impressive landscapes that Peru has to offer.
After a brief stop to take photos of the impressive snow that is next to the road, we will begin the descent into the thick jungle, passing through the different micros – climates that combine paradisiacal landscapes of the majestic snow-capped peaks with the entrance to the tropical rainforest. We will continue our route along a paved track in perfect condition passing through the town of Alfamayo, until we have reached Santa María which is located at an altitude of 1575 meters above sea level where we will take a moment to rest here before continuing towards the small town of Santa Teresa, where a delicious lunch will be waiting for us in approximately 2 hours. There will be a variety of different foods available for all tastes.
Later, around 3:45 p.m., we will return to the route to the train station, at the Hydroelectric Plant. From here we will begin with the walk that lasts approximately 02 hours and 30 minutes, until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes, at which time they will take you to the shelters and designated hotels. If we still have time, we can go for a relaxing bath in the healing thermal waters of the city. At 8 pm, however, it will be time to enjoy a delicious dinner together with the guide. At that time, you will have the opportunity to review the itinerary for the next day and answer all your questions.
You can breakfast from 04:00 Hrs. to continue your ascent to Machu Picchu citadel very early, it is a walk of 01 hour 30 minutes (approx.) Or you will have the option of going to the citadel by bus. Guided by the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu will begin at 6:00 a.m. and will last for at least 2 hours. Then, you can enjoy free time to visit places of your greatest interest until approximately 11:30 am, which is the recommended time to return by the mountain and thus be able to make the descent of the citadel towards the town of Aguas Calientes. To board the train back to the hydroelectric plant that will depart from Aguas Calientes at 13:15 pm. And so begin the return, which will take us to Santa Teresa. There, we will have a break of 01 hour to get some food or go to the bathroom before embarking on the last section of the road and the paved road towards Cusco where we will arrive approx. at 9:30 p.m. Returning along the same path that brought us to this place.
- Tourist Transportation Service Cusco, Hydroelectric, Cusco.
- Train tickets for Aguas Calientes – Hidroelectrica.
- 01 night in Basic Hostel in Aguas Calientes (private bathroom, hot water 24 hours, free luggage storage).
- 01 lunch (day 1), 1 dinner (day 1), 1 breakfast (day 2).
- Entrance to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Professional and bilingual guide
- Lunch in the second day in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Hot Springs.
- Bus up or down.
- Original Passport and University student card if applicable and booked as student.
- You only need to carry a day pack.
- Water to drink 1.5 Lt , a Camera
- Comfortable sturdy shoes or hiking boots
- Rain jacket/poncho, Change of clothes
- Basic toiletries, Sun lotion/ sunscreen, hat for sun.
- Insect repellent,Torch (optional)
- Extra money for drinks, souvenir and tips.
- Adult price per person: $ 140.