Machu Picchu by car 3 days 2 nights
This new route to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu is frequented by backpackers and adventurers. It is the affirmed road that starts from the traditional Ollantaytambo, crosses the districts of Santa María and Santa Teresa; From the province of La Convencion the trip by bus, to Santa Teresa, takes about eight hours to reach the town of Hidroeléctrica. From this point, you board the train for 20 minutes or take a 2-hour walk until you reach the town of Aguas Calientes, and take the bus that will take us to the Machu Picchu Sanctuary hike through the Inca jungle route
- Day 1: Pick up from your hotel at 04:00 am., the bus the trip to Ollantaytambo. visit the archeological site for 30 min, then we will ascend to Abra Malaga, little break to take photos and we will continue to the Jungle, we will arrive to Santa Maria and Santa Teresa, in this point we will lunch, then we will go to Hidrolectrica to start the walking to Aguas Calientes.
- Day 2: In the morning have breakfast from at 4:00 am, then we will walking to up from one hour half approx. (option to take the bus up, additional cost) we started the tour guided from 6:00 am approx. the tour duration is 2 – 3 hours, after that you will have a extra time for take more photos. at 17:00, we will walking down to Aguas Calientes to your accommodation.
- Day 3: Free morning, departure from Aguas Calientes at 11:00 am we will walk for 2 hours, arrive to Hidroelectrica and will take our bus to Cusco.
Students have a discount of $ 20 dollars per person. Valid with your university student card
If you are from the country of Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru. you have a discount of $ 20 dollars per person.
The difficulty is moderate, due to the accessibility of Machu Picchu. The trip consists in a bus trip of approximately 5 hours and 2 hours half of walking from Hidroelectrica to Aguas Calientes. On your return, you will take the train from Aguas Calientes to Hidroelectrica
Early in the morning we pick you up from 07:00 to 08:00 Hrs. of your hotel or accommodation. The Tour will begin with a pleasant and picturesque walk towards the Village of Ollantaytambo, where we will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the area, we will take a short break of 30 minutes (approx.), Then we will continue from the Village of Ollantaytambo towards the highest part of this road called “Abra Malaga”, which is located at an altitude of 4,316 meters. From that point of view, we will see some of the most impressive landscapes that Peru has to offer.
After a brief stop to take photos of the impressive snow that is next to the road, we will begin the descent into the thick jungle, passing through the different micros – climates that combine paradisiacal landscapes of the majestic snow-capped peaks with the entrance to the tropical rainforest. We will continue our route along a paved track in perfect condition passing through the town of Alfamayo, until we have reached Santa María which is located at an altitude of 1575 meters above sea level where we will take a moment to rest here before continuing towards the small town of Santa Teresa, where a delicious lunch will be waiting for us in approximately 2 hours. There will be a variety of different foods available for all tastes.
Later, around 3:45 p.m., we will return to the route to the train station, at the Hydroelectric Plant. From here we will begin with the walk that lasts approximately 02 hours and 30 minutes, until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes, at which time they will take you to the shelters and designated hotels. If we still have time, we can go for a relaxing bath in the healing thermal waters of the city. At 8 pm, however, it will be time to enjoy a delicious dinner together with the guide. At that time, you will have the opportunity to review the itinerary for the next day and answer all your questions.
According to the information of the guide and after breakfast very early we start the walk to Machu Picchu arriving at 06:00 Hrs where we will have a guided tour of 2 Hrs, in the main sectors of the citadel of Machu Picchu then you will have free time until 17:00 hrs, time at which Machu Picchu closes accommodation in the same hotel.
NOTE: The entrance to Huayna Picchu must confirm at the time of making your reservation and is subject to availability of quotas. (maximum 400 seats per day) Divided into 2 shifts, the first one from 07:00 Hrs. at 08:00 hrs. and the second shift of 10:00 Hrs. at 11:00 a.m.
Free morning, at 11:00 a.m., we will walk back to Hydroelectric where our bus will wait for you and bring you back to the city of Cusco, ending the tour at 9:30 p.m. approx.
- Transfer from your Hotel.
- Tourist transport to Hidroelectrica 6 hours round trip.
- 02 breakfast, 02 lunch, 02 dinner.
- 02 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes (room with private bathroom and hot water).
- Entrance to the archaeological center of Machu Picchu
02 hours guided tour.
- Bus from Hidroelectrica on day 3 to Cusco.
- First day breakfast / last day lunch
- Entrance to Hot Springs.
- Hidroelectrica train to Machu Picchu-Pueblo (optional).
- Bus up and down from Aguas Caliente to Machu Picchu.
- Extra expenses.
- Original Passport and University student card if applicable and booked as student.
- You only need to carry a day pack.
- Water to drink 1.5 Lt , a Camera
- Comfortable sturdy shoes or hiking boots
- Rain jacket/poncho, Change of clothes
- Basic toiletries, Sun lotion/ sunscreen, hat for sun.
- Insect repellent,Torch (optional)
- Extra money for drinks, souvenir and tips.
- Adult price per person: $ 235.