City tour Cusco half day
In this tour you will know the magical city of Cusco and the most important attractions of the region, Cusco is the archeological capital of America and the most cosmopolitan city in Peru. It is full of contrasts, not only in its structures but in all respect to it; its culture, its celebrations, its food, the people who live in it, etc., Cusco is a perfect mixture of races, culture and creativity and All this mixture has given Cusco its “rare beauty”. A City Tour in Cusco is the perfect start to your visit to Machu Picchu and your experience with the Andean culture.
- Day 1: Pick up from your hotel at 1:00 p.m. to 1:10 p.m., first visit The cathedral, then we walk to Qoricancha, board our bus and climb to Saqsaywaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Finally Tambomachay.
Around 13:00 to13:10 p.m., we are going to pick you up from the Lobby of your Hotel to begin your tour and after we are going to head to Cusco’s Plaza de Armas, where you will visit the famous cathedral. Following, you will continue on foot through an ancient Inca-built street from the Plaza de Armas to the Q’oricancha, the Temple of the Sun. At the Q’oricancha you will be able to compare and contrast the building methods of the Inca culture and Catholicism. This was the key spiritual center of the Incas, which leads to all four quarters of the Inca Empire. There is also a bronze, high altar to be seen. From Q’oricancha, your group will walk down Avenida El Sol, where you will take your bus 25 minutes outside of the city. You will be taken to the majestic Inca site, Sacsayhuaman, with its enigmatic, 200 ton monoliths, You will be able to hear from your guide and then, explore on your own. From Sacsayhuaman, you will take a five minute bus ride to the Q’enqo Inca site to see its fascinating Incan altars. Following, you will take another five minute drive to Puca Pucara, a small, circular Inca site. The final stop on our tour is Tambomachay, a water temple with impressive water fountains, thought to be used by the Inca for bathing. We’ll then drive back down to Cusco where the tour ends in the main square, unless you are taking a private tour, in which case, we will return you to your hotel.
- Pick up service from your Accommodation the day of your service.
- Tourist bus to make the whole tour.
- Bilingual guide which will give you the information of all the archaeological centers to visit.
- Partial Tourist Ticket (S /. 70.00).
- Entrance to the Cathedral (S / .25.00).
- Entrance to the Temple of the Sun Qoricancha (S /. 15.00).
- Snacks, drinks and soft drinks.
- Tips and extra expenses.
- bottle of water
- Sun hat/cream
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Tourist ticket or money for entrances
- Price: $ 10 dollars